YOU CAN DEPEND ON INDEPENDENT AND NEEDS-ORIENTED PROTECTION
If your company automatically collects, processes or uses personal data, a wide range of data protection obligations apply. The new European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will further intensify the regulations, starting from May 2018.
We are happy to advise you on how to meet all the requirements securely for your company. To do this, we can also provide external data protection officers. The background: According to § 4f BDSG, companies are obliged to appoint a data protection officer if more than 9 employees are engaged in automated data processing. If no data protection officer is appointed, the authorities can impose fines of up to €50,000.
There are many advantages to commissioning an external data protection officer:
- They ensure that legal requirements for the reduction of liability risks are met. In contrast, there are transparent costs and flexible, task-specific service packages.
- There are no additional internal training or further training expenses: Our data protection officers are specialists in their field, and engage in further training without incurring any costs for you.
- They avoid conflicts of interest: Managers or IT directors, staff and, if applicable, marketing staff are not allowed to perform data protection tasks.
- You profit from greater efficiency: Their specialist expertise ensures that any actions are more readily and more practically implemented.
- You can concentrate on your core business, since neither you nor your employees need to dedicate time to data protection.
- You remain flexible: Internal data protection officers are subject to special dismissal protection regulations, according to § 626 of the German Civil Code.
- You benefit from synergy effects: Our external data protection officers make use of their experience with other companies and projects for your benefit, maintain contacts with supervisory bodies and use technologies that may not be applicable in your company.
- Our team of specialists is there for you: In assessing and addressing data protection issues, you can profit from an experienced team in the tried and tested combination of lawyers and IT experts.
The TÜV Saarland company “tüv.tekit”, with headquarters in Bonn and a branch in Berlin, is happy to advise you on the subject of data protection, and is a point of contact concerning external data protection officers at any time